Agricultural Policy and project evaluation (APPE) Division is mainly involved in conducting research studies associated with monitoring and evaluation of national as well as regional development projects and programmes of the government and non-governmental sectors. The studies cover diverse areas and fields including land, crop cultivation, livestock, micro –finance, gender studies, agriculture knowledge system and agrarian transformation. In addition the division is involved in review and analysis of government policies in relation to development of smallholder farmers. The division undertakes research in the following broad thematic areas:
- Review and analysis of agricultural and rural development policies.
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes related to agrarian and rural development.
- Impact assessment of agricultural projects and programmes
- Investigation of land issues
- Research on poverty and related studies
- Studies on labour and employment
- Analysis on decentralization and beneficiary participation in development